Our client is headquartered in Bermuda and provides reinsurance solutions to meet the diverse business needs of its global shareholders.
We invite applications for the position of Accounting Manager in its Bermuda office. The role of the successful applicant will involve managing all accounting transactions and processes within the area of technical, investment and general accounting.
Specific Duties include:
- Ensuring all US GAAP, Bermuda Statutory and Bermuda EBS closing and reporting tasks are accurate and timely;
- Completing assigned postings, journal entries and account reconciliations on a periodic basis;
- Reconciling and resolving all transactions and preparing bank transfers;
- Fully reconciling and substantiating all assigned accounts;
- Documenting application of policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Monitoring USGAAP, BM Stat, EBS, BSCR accounting and reporting on developments/ new standards issued;
- Archiving records to satisfy audit and statutory requirements and supporting the co-ordination with auditors during the quarterly and annual review process;
- Assisting with project work, in particular as an accounting subject matter expert in transaction projects;
- Providing support reporting/ accounting related due diligence work streams and;
- Supporting IFRS and Solvency reporting based on specific investor requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. accounting, Finance)
- An internationally recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, ACCA) is necessary with 5-10 years of operational experience in insurance/ reinsurance accounting or within a big 4 audit firm;
- Proficiency in US GAAP, Bermuda Statutory Accounting and Bermuda EBS Accounting Regime;
- Experience with IAS / IFRS and Solvency 2 Market Value Balance Sheet Accounting would be an asset;
- Proficiency in technical accounting of various insurance and reinsurance life and P/C products with an understanding of insurance financial statements and their performance measurement including drivers;
- An analytical thinker with the ability to identify patterns and root causes in complex data;
- A problem solver with the ability to identify and initiate appropriate actions to remediate issues that can be abstract / ambiguous and follow through on their remediation;
- Advanced efficient use of Excel, Access with good PowerPoint skills and;
- A strong team player who is able to work in a collaborative environment on a global scale with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, the successful candidate must be detail oriented and highly organized. The candidate must be self-motivated and be prepared to work flexible hours to meet deadlines which may include evenings, weekends and public holidays. In addition, the candidate must be willing to travel as necessary.
Showcase Your Talent to Bermuda
Elevate believes in forging long term relationships which is why many of our candidates choose us for their career management. Submit your resume here to start your journey with us.