AVP or VP Mortgage and Alternative Reinsurance Actuary
Our client is looking for a AVP/VP Mortgage and Alternative Reinsurance Actuary position is an integral component of their International’s mortgage and structured reinsurance business, helping the Company to underwrite and price this class. The person will be part of the Specialty Reinsurance underwriting team and may be called on from time to time to work on actuarial projects outside the scope of the business unit. The position reports to the SVP, Head of Alternative Re, and will be located in Bermuda.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Pricing analysis for their U.S. and International mortgage business, including maintenance and upgrades of their pricing model as well as individual treaty pricing.
• Pricing analysis for their Structured Reinsurance business and other ad hoc business that may be assigned.
• Managing the exposures in their mortgage portfolio, in conjunction with their risk management team.
• Attending mortgage conferences and maintaining relationships with the technical personnel at thier clients and brokers. This will require regular travel to the U.S.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in the P&C insurance/reinsurance industry. Prior experience with Predictive Modelling, Insurance pricing, or Reinsurance pricing preferred.
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree required, and ACAS/FCAS preferred.
• Excellent analytical/statistical skills.
• Excellent Computer skills, particularly with Excel, SQL, and R.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think critically and logically, with attention to detail.
• Strong time and project management skills, and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to take ownership of an assignment and take on stand-alone projects, requiring minimal supervision.
• Self-motivating and flexible, and desire to excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Strong work ethic and ability to interact, work and collaborate in a team environment.
• Experience or knowledge of U.S. mortgage business not necessary.
• Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audience.
Showcase Your Talent to Bermuda
Elevate believes in forging long term relationships which is why many of our candidates choose us for their career management. Submit your resume here to start your journey with us.