Our client is looking for a senior and key role driving client service through the entire corporate administration team. The Client Director will serve as a Bermuda resident director for a portfolio of clients. The Client Director supports the corporate administration team in the delivery of their objectives and exercises sound judgment and strong corporate governance to enhance service to clients and drive client value. The Client Director will address client satisfaction; have depth of commercial knowledge and experience of corporate structures and a strong understanding of clients’ business objectives whether in Bermuda or elsewhere and any such other activities as may be reasonably required by the role.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a director for a portfolio of clients providing director services in accordance with the terms and conditions of the CASA and/or the Director Services Agreement
- Attend and participate in meetings whether as Chairperson or participant;
- Provide assistance to the corporate administration team in the production of meeting notices, agenda and review of minutes;
- Approve and authorise the transfer of client funds as authorised signatory where so appointed;
- Support, oversee and advise a team of corporate administrators in the discharge of their duties and roles;
- Identify when client companies require external legal advice and recommend same in accordance with any referral arrangements between the Company and any external legal advisors such as Appleby;
- Liaise with the regulator and/or Government in the capacity as director of the client entities;
- Act as principal point of contact and client relationship manager for a portfolio of clients;
- Address client satisfaction issues and escalate as necessary;
- Ensuring that the corporate administration team is continually developing its market, innovation and expert knowledge
- Act as a lead in providing an integrated approach across the service lines for clients offered by the Company, its affiliates and the Global Fiduciary Group, ensuring that client needs are communicated effectively to all internal resources
- Develop business through direct marketing, delivering seminars, and written though leadership;
- Review marketing opportunities on a continual basis and develop a network of key or prospective clients and intermediaries, identifying and conveying suggestions for improvement and growth of our services.
- Maintain an awareness of the policies and procedures manual of the Company and affiliated companies and conduct yourself in accordance with same;
- Maintain a current understanding of AML/ATF and other regulatory requirements for the Company and other regulated affiliates and participate in AML/ATF and other compliance training;
- Support the compliance team and the senior management of the Company in complying with regulatory and compliance obligations.
- Assist the Company and affiliates in providing nominee and corporate directorships in accordance with the services agreements agreed with client entities;
- Assist with the on-boarding of new clients including reviewing the terms and conditions of service agreements, considering scope of services and liaising with compliance as may be necessary;
- Attend to and assist with the incorporation, formation and dissolution of client entities and liaise with external counsel in respect of same.
- Liaise with, instruct and/or recommend external counsel on behalf of clients as and when necessary in accordance with referral arrangements between the Company and external legal advisor such as Appleby;
- Demonstrate strong financial awareness and performance against budget/IPP targets. Motivate and ensure others focus on delivering same and monitor key performance indicators to measure utilisation, productivity, profitability and cash collection and identify areas where results can be enhanced.
- Ensure the achievement of a minimum of 25 hours per year relevant CPD (a maximum of 5 of which may be relevant reading). [Not sure where this comes from- suggest the following instead]
- Maintain professional certifications and professional standing including completing all CPD and at all times maintain status as a fit and proper person to serve as a director of entities regulated by the Bermuda Monetary Authority.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience serving as a Bermuda resident director with a demonstrated knowledge of corporate governance and the laws and regulations applicable to corporate structures and regulated businesses in Bermuda;
- A professional qualification and membership of a professional body such as the Bermuda Bar Association;
- Excellent client management skills
- Proven practice management, time management and organisation skills;
- High level of integrity, excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organisational and people management skills;
- A strong understanding of clients’ business objectives whether in Bermuda or elsewhere.
- An ability to lead and direct a team to ensure workload is completed accurately, effectively and efficiently
- Proven ability to work at a senior management level with strong influencing and persuasion skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and project management skills
- Client orientated and service driven
- Passion, reliability, combined with a ‘can do’ approach
Showcase Your Talent to Bermuda
Elevate believes in forging long term relationships which is why many of our candidates choose us for their career management. Submit your resume here to start your journey with us.