Enterprise Risk Manager/Senior Manager
Our client is one of the world’s leading investment managers and operates across Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and South America. Our client offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. We are a privately owned, independent company, with the commitment and resources to provide the investment expertise, technology and service innovation needed to help our clients achieve their financial goals.
The Enterprise Risk Management (“ERM”) function is lead from our clients head office in Bermuda and the primary purpose of ERM is to ensure that the business is managing risk within its agreed risk appetite, and in accordance with the associated ERM Framework. The ERM function is also responsible for the capital assessment framework, risk reporting, thematic reviews, model risk and the ERM framework. The team is currently 10 strong and is being invested in further.
Based in Bermuda, this role will report to the Head of Enterprise Risk and will support changes to and be responsible for components of the ERM framework. The role will include being responsible for the global policy framework and providing effective oversight of policies to ensure they aligned to framework requirements, risk appetite and strategy.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position are as follows but are not limited to:
- Supporting updates and further enhancements to the ERM framework, policy and related communication and training material
- Leading or assisting with the development, enhancement and or maintenance of the ERM framework components including but not limited to; global governance, risk appetite, taxonomies, capital assessment, risk transfer, thematic reviews, emerging risks, and external events, including related procedures and templates
- Providing effective oversight of global policies to ensure they aligned to the overall risk appetite and ERM policy requirements
- Managing and updating and communications related to the global policy framework, including related procedures and templates
- Managing a central repository for all risk policies and procedures, promoting awareness across the business and ensure policies are adopted/embedded
- Providing expert support and guidance to stakeholders
- Supporting policy updates, including the review and challenge of policies drafted by risk owner
- Supporting Bermuda based risk related activities, such as risk event reporting, RCSA assessments, training, etc.
- Establishing and maintaining highly effective working relationships with all key internal stakeholders
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- University degree in Business, Management, Finance or similar
- A professional risk management designation or other equivalent designation such as CPA, CFA is preferable
- At least 7 years work experience in the financial and or professional services sectors, asset management experience is preferable
- Hands-on experience of drafting policies and procedures is preferable
- Dedication to maintaining high quality standards and client satisfaction
- An ability to think logically and analyse complex information, managing several work- streams at the same time to deliver great results
- Strong organisation and planning skills, with the ability to prepare reports and meet key milestones
- Proven leadership skills, outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable working to multiple deadlines and under pressure
Showcase Your Talent to Bermuda
Elevate believes in forging long term relationships which is why many of our candidates choose us for their career management. Submit your resume here to start your journey with us.