Independent Non-Executive Director – Bermuda
Our client is a specialist solutions provider for European life insurers and encompasses a number of subsidiaries in Bermuda and across Europe.They are seeking an experienced Independent Non-Executive Director (INED) with ideally asset intensive life reinsurance, however will be open to someone from the broader international insurance/reinsurance industry.
Structure of the Board:
· The Board currently consists of 4 existing directors, the CEO, plus 4 members of the Parent Group. The Directors cover a wide range of disciplines including investment, actuarial, sales, legal, and insurance.
The INED – What we are looking for?
· Will have lived and worked in Bermuda for a while and is therefore familiar with the BMA and the reality of doing international business in Bermuda.
· Will have experience in the life insurance sector coupled with a sound knowledge of corporate governance.
· Will have a University degree and a relevant professional qualification.
· Will ensure that he/she has sufficient time to devote to the role of Director of the Company and associated sub-committee responsibilities. It is expected that the duties as Director of the Company will require he or she to attend at least 4 Board meetings a year.
· The INED will be required to exercise sound judgement and decision making independent of the views of management, political interests or inappropriate outside interests. Furthermore, the INED will be required to bring an independent viewpoint to the deliberations of the Board that is objective and independent of the activities of the executive team and of the Company.
Interested candidates should send their C.V. accompanied with a covering letter to James Fitzsimons at email@example.com
Showcase Your Talent to Bermuda
Elevate believes in forging long term relationships which is why many of our candidates choose us for their career management. Submit your resume here to start your journey with us.